food to glow

feel good food that's good for you

Vanilla and Turmeric Polenta Cake with Roasted Rhubarb and Grapes by food to glowThe first, slender shocking-pink stalks of January’s forced rhubarb have come and gone. And at quite a ticket. Did you take home a paltry bundle at exorbitant price like I did? If so, did you roast it to enjoy with slices of blood orange, or poach it gently under foil? Did you pair it with apples under a blanket of nubbly crumble and dig in with a spoon? Or did you stew it to silky strands with spoons of sugar and fold it into an airy cloud of whipped cream?

Read the rest of the post and get the recipe over at A Scot’s Larder.

fresh garden rhubarb by food to glow

rhubarb from my neighbour’s garden

17 thoughts on “Vanilla and Turmeric Polenta Cake with Roasted Rhubarb and Grapes

1. superfitbabe says:

Mmmmm! Polentaaaaa ❤

2. thesassyperspective says:

Looks divine!

3. nancy b. says:

Is it nice in taste? Do the other ingredients cover up the distinctive flavour of turmeric?

1. Good question: Yes! There is enough vanilla to neutralise the earthy taste.

1. nancy b. says:

Cant wait to try it 🙂

4. I like this use of turmeric since I don’t usually use it is sweet. And of course I love the roasted rhubarb as a side. And your new picture in the sidebar is beautiful – love the fresh pop of green color.

5. I made it into a crumble 😀 Love the combinations you come up with! That turmeric cake is so beautifully vibrant!

6. yanyanyum says:

This looks amazing! I have just started blogging and my eyes have been opened to the many healthy creations possible!! 😀

7. wp2room says:

Omg, I’m so hungry, waiting for my lunch break and this picture made my heart skip a beat. Lol I can almost feel the smell of this delicious polenta cake…I’m so hungry:(

8. KCole's Creative Corner says:

I love your blog! It’s amazing! I recently made a WordPress blog, too. I’m always looking for new people to share my recipes with, so I would greatly appreciate it if you’d check it out.

9. angeblogange says:

where do you get all your recipes???

10. Judith says:

Made this cake this evening and it was great! As well as the fruit, served it with an orange and ginger cashew cream. Delicious!

1. I’m so glad you enjoyed the cake! Cashew cream is a good addition, too. 🙂

11. This looks so beautiful and yellow

If you have time, I would love to hear from you. Thanks so much!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s